Thursday, May 29, 2008
buh bye king
today marks the end of a 239 year old hindu monarchy. it's the oldest one in the world's history. the flag was lowered from the palace and the king and his family are reported to be leaving in the next day or two. during the night, trucks take their belongings out and during the day, heavy police and military presence swarms around the palace. it is a strange time in history. nepal is now, officially, a republic. the future is anyone's guess here...we shall see how it unfolds. what kind of coverage is it getting in the u.s.? love, j
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Haven't seen anything but I haven't seen the news lately. Times like this I miss the newspaper. Suppose I could try to find it online.
Sue
I haven't heard anything in the news and I check yahoo and msn news everyday.
Post a Comment