Sunday, February 10, 2008
I'm livin in Kathmandu!!!
...can't believe it's been over a week! the internet's been a challenge and we finally just got wi-fi so hopefully i'll have more time online. things are great! i'm learning my way around and figuring out the system. this is my first time in asia, so lots is really new, but so far i love it and am very happy! getting here was utterly exhausting...26 hours en route. detroit to new york, new york to abu dhabi-uae (12 hours), a 6 hour painful layover with no where to stow my electronically laden, heavy back pack and then finally a 4 hour flight to kathmandu. as in most international flights, i had eaten enough for 4 days, but not slept enough for a cat nap. crying babies abounded and cramped accommodations limited my comfort, but all-in-all i can't complain. with a little help...from my friends'...seditives...i got by. christy met me at the airport, but unfortunately my luggage, ...did not. somehow, somewhere, it got left in airport la la land and i got to wear the same clothes for 3 days. finally...sunday evening it arrived...battered and beat to heck, but in tact. in the meantime, i was having a blast seeing some local sights and learning about my new digs. kathmandu is such an interesting city and in the past week i've seen sooo much. at the end of the day i'm exhausted from all of the stimuli; my brain's working triple time! that's all for now; it's getting late and i'm just happy to have been able to set up this blog. i'll continue tomorrow. hope all's well and i'd love to hear from everyone! love, j
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Is that a pic of Nepal??? Holy crap if it is! It is more congested than San Fran!!! :) Glad you are enjoying your time there! :)
Sounds like you are really happy and thats great to finally hear! Isn't the internet amazing! I am so glad that we can keep in contact via the internet. I have a blog spot as well. I haven't updated it in a long time, but I will keep you posted with whats going on with me, Ann and Javier!
Much love girl! Keep intriging me more and more about Asia and we may visit! :o) (anything is possible)
LOVE YOU!
Mick
www.mickiandannie.blogspot.com
This is our blog. I will start being more diligant about updating it!
Love,
Me
Hey!!!
Since when????? Is this permanent or just a road trip? SCI playing over there somewhere??
I am in Arusha, Tanzania at the moment. Since we last communicated I now work at CRS as a water and sanitation technical advisor....based in Bmore but get to travel!!!! An Awesome job!!! Plus, I am going to climb Kilimanjaro in a week!! Woo Hoo!!
I will be in very southern India (at the tip) from March 11 through the 15th. Where will you be??? Let's see if we can meet up somewhere!!!
Crazy!!
You're soooooo intrepid! What an adventure and it's only beginning.
Great to hear from you.
vaya con dios
patty
It's great to see you looking healthy & happy in Katmandu! Give Christy our best & update your blog as often as you're able. Stay focused, stay incandescent & stay in tune, you Seeger-loving adventuress!
Beauty of a city? Atleast they got some nice scenery in the distant mountains! Christy, take care of my baby sis for me. Love you guys even if I think you are both crazy! Can u sense the jealousy?
Post a Comment