Sunday, January 25, 2009
getting back to ...normal
...or whatever our life here in nepal is. latest in the news is that the recent outbreak of bird flu has been contained with culling, the land fill owner who cut off access to dump trash over someone pissing him off has finally agreed to end it and allow heaping mounds of ripe trash to be slowly removed from the city streets, the maoist government is up to its old tricks with bribery and coercion, indian sadhus who stayed after a festival at the holy site of pashupati (cremation site) have been stealing money from nepali sadhus, china has insulted nepal by saying that lumbhini--the birthplace of buddha is in india and other various eyebrow raising tidbits. we resumed working out regularly to negate the added holiday pounds and will be sore for a few days yet... other new year's resolutions include flossing, using lots of hair and body product, eating healthy, doing a 2 week colon detox...no more detail needed than that..., resuming tennis lessons and mountain biking, being thankful whenever the power cuts get reduced and just a general attempt at appreciating all that we can and show gratitude. sometimes it's hard, but when we go outside and look around, it's not too difficult to realize how fortunate we are. life is good and our 'normal' life suits us just fine...until september when we 'outttttta here!' take care, love j
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like a lot is going in the Du, yo! Thanks for the "China insults Nepal" headline. I printed out the article and am going to take it with me to class tonight. I am taking China and Japan this semester. It's a challenging class. I would compare it to learning a foreign language. Glad life is back to "normal" for the both of you!
xoxo,
Mick
Barb Dudeck wants to write to you so I gave her instructions how. Hopefully my directions were sufficient. Barb, are you reading this?! Though you are done there in September, you won't be coming home until December, right? If I don't have a job by then, I can take over Kumar's!
Love,
Sue
Post a Comment