Sunday, November 23, 2008

anything nepali?

i've asked a couple people individually, but if there is anything you would like from nepal, please let me know. i have just over 3 weeks before i leave to come back to the states and a week and a half of it is taken with travel. so, if you would like something specific; don't be afraid to ask, just let me know. my brother asked for a yak horn...i got it for him... : ) other items of more interest would be fantastic cashmere, lovely pashminas, inexpensive silver, buddhist and hindi items, and really nice, natural incense. just to give you an idea. i feel like i have most of my christmas shopping done and am not stressed about it so would be happy to look around for stuff for you. i feel i'm pretty safe posting this on my blog because not too many people read it anymore! ha! in any case, think about it and let me know before the 12th of december. that will give me a week before i leave. love, j

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love silver earrings. dangling kind. :o) thanks for the offer!

Can't wait to see you!

Love,
Mick

Annie said...

Hmmm, I like the natural incense! Cashmere?? Wow, sure! :) I like blue and greens...Javier isn't picky either :)

Love ya and can't wait for you to meet Javier!

Annie

Anonymous said...

Janice,
I would like you to look for a felted wool bag and a hemp bag. I love jewel tones I want one of those really pretty Kurtas as well, you know my size. Lux could use a natural wool stuffed animal, maybe an alpaca or a rooster.
Also a pashmina in purple or eggplant is totally up my alley this season. Of course I will pay you in rupees for it! In addition, I would love to have a statue of Ganesha for our doorway, it can be small. A wall hanging banner that has a tiebtan buddha, or a fabric banner with Shiva on it would also be very lovely. Besides all that, I would love for you to come home and that is the best thing being imported from nepal this holiday season! Can't wait to take you to the DQ for a peanut buster parfait!

Oh-I do not need a Yak Horn, but thanks for mentioning it.